Teeth Maestro informs KMB readers that DAWN Group has launched its English News channel & i must say i was eagerly waiting for this day. Why?. Well here is a detail point of view from my side ( i copied this to his KMB post as well).
Its great to see media in Pakistan establishing itself as the sole (almost 100%) and true (60-75%) representative of the people of Pakistan. Its such a shame that media is representing Pakistan for the outer world & not the political parties. Well, frankly they only representing what they are made of i.e voilence, corruption, chaos, disloyality etc
Its also great to see that amid all darkness around, media is the dim hope in between. Will all the restrictions & pressure from gov & military, they are, at their positions trying best to serve the cause of true spirit of freedom of speech. There are short comings obviously but we are happy to ignore them for following reasons:-
1. Its just a new baby guys, it is just learning how to walk
2. Consider the amount of pressure they get from gov & compare it with what they are offering us. They sure deserve an applause.
3. The quantity has improved considerably but the quality is in evolution process, fair enough.
4. They are at least giving Pakistan a good name when it comes to Western attack on Pakistan especially from INDIAN side ( which ironically was the real reason MUSH wanted media to flourish, so that the KARGIL allegations can be countered)
6. It was our media that played the most important role in bringing together the whole nation on 8th October incident. Its coverege enabled Pakistan to put its case for assistance in Western world. Was it possible with PTV ?
5. Compare the standard of technology others are using, ours are doing an excellent job, trying their best.
All in all, one more news channel , a little more competition, guess who is benefiting ?
THE PEOPLE OF PAKISTAN, and thats what matters.